Tessares announces new board members
March 31, 2021 - Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium: Tessares - a technology company specializing in Hybrid Access software - who has just concluded a new round of funding, is happy to announce the new composition of its board of directors to reflect the arrival of new investors. Pierre De Muelenaere to join as independent director.
New board composition
The Tessares board of directors is being reshuffled significantly to take into account the arrival of the new investors and the departure of several board members:
- Matteo Gatta, who has been recently appointed as the CEO of BICS (a member of the Proximus Group) has resigned from his position to concentrate on his new challenge;
- Thomas Dhondt, who is taking a new role abroad within the Proximus Group, has resigned from his position to concentrate on his new challenge;
- They will be replaced by Wim Bouckenooghe (Director Core & Communication Solutions, Proximus);
- VIVES will continue to be represented by André Vandemeulebroecke (Senior Investment Manager, VIVES Technology Fund);
- The SRIW will continue to be represented by Colin Loyens (Investment Manager, SRIW) whose role changes from observer to director of the board;
- Sagemcom will be represented by Ahmed Selmani (Senior Executive VP, Sagemcom Broadband);
- The seat of the EIC Fund will remain vacant until a director is proposed;
- Denis Périquet (co-founder and CEO, Tessares) will continue to represent the founders and act as the company’s managing director;
- Eric Schutz and Philippe Lemmens, who were acting as independent directors and whose terms were coming to an end, have resigned;
- Jacques Wénin (Business Coach, WSL) will continue to act as an observer to the board until the end of 2021;
- Finally, Tessares has appointed Pierre De Muelenaere (Founder, Past President and CEO, IRIS Group) as independent director (through Pygargue srl);
I would like to warmly thank Eric, Philippe, Matteo and Thomas for their strong contribution to the development of Tessares during the past years. We wish them great success in their new challenges. The transition and onboarding process is almost completed. With Ahmed, Wim and Pierre, we welcome knowledgeable and talented new board members, and we are convinced they will help Tessares through its next steps of development.
Download PDFDownload PDF
Tessares is a spin-off from the Université catholique de Louvain (UCLouvain), Belgium where researchers have contributed to the design, implementation and standardization of a new Internet protocol: Multipath TCP (MPTCP). Tessares is headquartered in Belgium with development and sales teams in Europe, North America, Asia and Latin America. Today, almost 60% of Tessares’ staff are shareholders.